Eating Habits Safety Talk
The well-being of our bodies is everything to us. If we do not take care of our health at some point our bodies will develop problems. Without our health, we are not able to fulfill our daily tasks. Eating well should be a major goal for you to maintain good health throughout life.
Our bodies work like machines and are only able to withstand so much abuse. Food is the equivalent of fuel to our bodies. If you are consistently putting bad fuel in a machine it will break down, the same goes for our bodies. Diet has been directly linked to many different aspects of our health. It is impossible to list every situation here, but we will discuss some of the major problems caused by eating poorly.
Health Problems Caused by Poor Eating Habits
- Heart disease
- Some types of cancer
There are also smaller issues that a poor diet causes that can affect you on a daily basis. Fatigue and lack of focus can sometimes be attributed to eating poorly. Being fatigued can have major effects on performing your job safely. When you are not feeling 100% you are putting yourself and others around you at risk. Eat healthy to benefit yourself and your family first, but also think of the positive effects it can have on your work.
Quick Tips to a Better Diet
Consult a doctor or nutritionist before any major diet changes.
- Drink more water. Water serves many important purposes for our bodies. Most Americans do not drink enough water each day and are not aware of it.
- Limit food with processed sugar. Sodas, candy, sweets, and other junk food are filled with processed sugar. These foods can lead to obesity and diabetes.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber has proven to help fight off some cancers. It also limits the amount of calories your body will absorb.
- Choose whole grain foods. Whole grain foods contain many nutrients and like fiber, it can help you maintain regular bowel movements.
- Take a multivitamin. Multivitamins can help you get essential vitamins and nutrients you may not be getting in your diet.
-Do you believe your diet has an effect on your work?
-Did you know that drinking one can of soda a day adds up to over 50lbs of sugar in a year? (Source: NYC Health Dept)
Do you want downloadable PDFs of all of the talks? Join as a member and get all of the 250 free talks as well as 230+ additional talks in PDFs that are easy to download and print!